Name the type of joint indicated by the arrow.
There are many different types of joints and ways to classify them within the human body. A few examples of this include:
- Monoaxial- can only move along one plane
- Biaxial- can move along two planes
- Triaxial- can move along three planes
- Synarthoidal- not movable
- Amphiarthoidal- slightly movable
- Dirathroidal- freely moveable
Answer and Explanation: 1
The joint shown above is the pubis symphasis. This articulation is between the two pubis bones within the pelvis. It is amphiarthoidal, meaning that...
See full answer below.
Learn more about this topic:
fromChapter 5 / Lesson 10
What are the parts of the pelvis? Learn the pelvis definition, pelvis function, and about the ilium, ischium, and pubis of the pelvis.