Explain how Corporate Parenting can contribute to an effective corporate strategy. Discuss how it...
Explain how Corporate Parenting can contribute to an effective corporate strategy. Discuss how it can relate to a SWOT analysis.
A corporation is a legal entity whose owners are the shareholders and who also choose a board of directors to manage the organization's operations. The corporation is responsible for the operations and financial health of the company, not the shareholders.
Answer and Explanation:
Become a Study.com member to unlock this answer! Create your accountView this answer
When an organization at the corporate level assesses its current operations and evaluates them to determine whether they are adding any commercial...
See full answer below.
Become a member and unlock all Study Answers
Start today. Try it nowCreate an account
Ask a question
Our experts can answer your tough homework and study questions.Ask a question Ask a question
Learn more about this topic:
fromChapter 11 / Lesson 7
Learn about external threats and opportunities. Examine how a SWOT analysis is conducted and used, and discover examples of external opportunities and threats.
Related to this Question
- Explain the role of a SWOT analysis for an organization. Then explain how an organization could use a SWOT analysis to create positive social change, both internally and externally.
- Explain the SWOT analysis and how it could be used to align training activities with business strategies and goals. Create a real-life example and explain.
- How does a SWOT analysis contribute to the task of crafting strategy?
- How can S.W.O.T analysis help people in their careers and businesses?
- What is the strategic corporate social responsibility perspective? Explain the "inside-out" approach with examples.
- How could a strategist's attitude toward social responsibility affect a firm's strategy?
- Discuss how the CEO and top management team interact to affect business strategy.
- Explain how organizational cultures are created and how they can help companies be successful.
- Explain how an organization's culture can help or hinder the execution of the firm's strategy.
- Explain how to evaluate a standout vs. low-performing company's strategy.
- Explain and discuss in some detail why a company's strategy is really a collection of strategies.
- Explain how to implement new corporate strategy in a firm.
- Discuss the role of corporate culture in ethical decision-making. Discuss how organizational leaders use their power to influence and shape corporate culture.
- Explain the importance of following a strategy for corporate social responsibility. Why is it important for a company to follow a strategy in carrying out CSR? How can the board of governors incorporate CSR in internal audit and what will you recommend to
- Explain how a global strategy complements a corporate growth strategy. What will be an ideal response?
- Explain how strategic management typically evolves in a corporation.
- Explain what is meant by corporate social responsibility and the implications for management. In your answer discuss the three organizational stances on CSR and the consequences for an organization's success or failure. Use examples to illustrate your ans
- Explain how an HR professional in your workplace could implement a positive social change initiative, furthering education for employees, and explain how this positive initiative can benefit a company and employees when using nontraditional strategies fo
- Explain how managers shape organizational culture and ethical values.
- Identify and briefly explain two types of healthy cultures and how they aid in good corporate strategy execution.
- i. List the FOUR elements of a SWOT analysis and describe its purpose to a business organization. ii. Identify and explain any THREE of the four basic global operations strategies. Give an example o
- Explain what we mean by a company's strategy and why we need to differ from competitors' strategies.
- TOPIC 5 a. Explain what is meant by 'corporate social responsibility? (CSR) and the implications for management. In your answer discuss the three organisational stances on CSR and the consequences fo
- a) Explain what makes an organization successful. b) Explain the functional/levels/roles of management. c) Explain the approaches to ethics. d) Explain the decision-making process. e) Explain how a competitive advantage can be achieved in organizations.
- Illustrate how human resources influence a firm's performance, and describe how strategic HR planning benefits a firm. Illustrate your points with an example.
- Explain the concept of corporate social responsibility and how it differs from business ethics.
- Explain how - or if - Vineet Nayar's new strategy for the company and his approach to people alignment reinforce each other.
- Explain how 'systems thinking' can enable business success.
- Explain why a company's strategy tends to evolve.
- How does a SWOT analysis align with strategic planning?
- Why is a concise business strategy a critical element to having a successful business? What is the purpose of a business strategy, and what are the key elements?
- How does business strategy differ from corporate strategy?
- Why it is important for companies to make their human resources into a competitive advantage? Explain how human resources can improve an organization's competitive advantage?
- Describe how purchasing strategy is becoming more intertwined with organizational strategy. How has this evolved and how is it changing the role of purchasing managers?
- How does a SWOT analysis support strategic planning?
- In what ways does corporate strategy affect capacity decisions?
- Describe how an organizational staffing model can contribute to organizational success.
- In your own words describe how a firm develops a business strategy when in a hypercompetitive industry.
- Explain the relationship between strategic management and competitive advantage. How can a firm achieve sustained competitive advantage?
- Describe in detail what a learning organization is and why it is critical to the competitive success of most firms today.
- How can a company establish HRM strategies to improve competitive advantages?
- Explain how capital market stakeholders and product market stakeholders influence organizational strategic management.
- Explain what corporate governance is and discuss the benefits and mechanisms underpinning good corporate governance.
- Compare a business strategy vs. a corporate strategy. What are the differences?
- Describe SWOT analysis as a way to guide internal analysis and its potential weaknesses. How does this approach reflect the basic strategic management process?
- Describe the difference between emergent and intended strategies. Why might firms employ an emergent strategy?
- How do firms benefit from a strong ethical culture? How can HR departments foster such cultures? What will be an ideal response?
- What is the importance of strategic management to small businesses? In your discussion, explain how strategic planning is different for a small business. What will be an ideal response?
- What is a competitive advantage? How does HR management affect a firm's competitive advantage? In your answer, provide examples of competitive advantages held by specific firms.
- Discuss how leadership styles affect employee motivation in an organization?
- Explain how the way managers combine their organization's distinctive competencies can create a successful business-level strategy that allows them to compete for scarce resources.
- Describe why social responsibility and policy are key issues in strategic planning and how you will integrate them in your proposed business?
- How can a training function support a business strategy? Explain your rationale.
- What is corporate social responsibility and how does it relate to ethical business practices?
- Describe the various theories of organizational effectiveness. Explain how ethical problems can arise when measuring organizational effectiveness.
- Explain the significance of the resource-based view (RBV) theory of a firm in the study of strategic management.
- Explain the relationship between training and organizational development. How might each contribute to strategic HR management?
- How is SWOT analysis used in strategic planning?
- Explain and discuss the impact of organizational culture on individual and team behaviour.
- What is business, society and stakeholder? How do they relate and interact together? Why should business organizations build positive and mutually beneficial relationships across organizational bounda
- Discuss how doing case analysis will help you develop skills needed to prepare recommendations for consideration in a Strategic Plan in addition to what a business model is and how it can disrupt a company, industry, and or both? Provide at least two exam
- Explain how enterprise applications improve organizational performance.
- What is the difference between industry and corporate value chain analysis? What are their value in strategic planning?
- List the three questions that effective corporate strategists must consider.
- How would you describe McDonald's business strategy? What are the foundations of its competitive advantage (what are the sources of its success)?
- Explain the different levels and types of business strategy with examples. Why should anyone learn strategy?
- Explain how a supply chain strategy differs from traditional strategies for coordinating operations among firms.
- Describe core competencies and the role they play in helping the company segment its market and develop effective competitive strategies. What will be an ideal response?
- Explain any three types of influence tactics that managers can use to influence employees.
- Discuss the founder's role in influencing corporate culture.
- Explain how an organization's culture and policies affect motivation?
- Discuss why the recruitment process can promote or detract from a company's success.
- Explain how value is created for stakeholder, in what ways does the team positively impact the business.
- 3-1. Give an example of hierarchical planning in an organization. 3-2. What is the difference between a corporate strategy and a competitive strategy? Give one example of each. 3-3. Explain why stra
- How does an understanding of management and organizational behavior lead to organizational effectiveness and efficiency? Why is the study of management theories (classical, behavioral and modern manag
- Describe the Monsanto company as an example of revolving door politics and how it gives the company additional organizational power.
- Explain the difference between a vision and a mission. What role does a firm's vision statement play in corporate and competitive strategies?
- Explain the importance of being adept at adapting to business firms.
- (a) Why has strategic management become so important in today's corporations? (b) How does strategic management typically evolve in a corporation?
- Describe organizational behavior. Explain why it is important to be observant and understand organizational behavior in the workplace.
- Explain how managers can create a culture for change in the current dynamism globalized business environment.
- What are sources of cost advantage and how does it affect a company's strategy
- Explain why internal assessment is such important for strategic formulation? How strategists will use the internal assessment (audit) for effective strategy formulation? In general, internal factors are something a company can create, maintain, strengthen
- Refer to the Book titled "Strategy and Policy with Business Strategy Game" and briefly explain: a. What was your company approach to workforce compensation? b. What evidence indicates your company's
- Explain how culture affects the management of business around the world.
- Discuss discrimination and paraphrase with an example how its types can affect organizational behavior.
- 1. How are human resources related to competitive advantage? What are the criteria to judge the strategic impact of HR? 2. What are the key factors in maintaining a firm's culture 3. Identify and
- What is the relationship between SWOT and Strategy? Provide real world examples.
- What is the importance of a SWOT analysis in strategic planning?
- Describe the how operational efficiency is calculated. Discuss how operational effectiveness and efficiency shapes and supports a business strategy. Provide one or more specific examples.
- Describe why firms might employ a global strategy when internationalizing operations.
- Describe the concept of "strategy" in business and provide an example.
- How does organizational structure and culture affect business performance?
- Why has strategic management become so important to today's corporations?
- Discuss the importance of an organization's culture as a factor that determines an employee's ethical behavior.
- Discuss the strategic importance of layout decisions. How important as these decisions in terms of a company?s long-term profitability goals? What are some examples?
- Provide an example of why businesses would use organizational development.
- Describe the multidivisional, or M-form structure, and how it is used to implement a corporate diversification strategy.
- Explain what a strategy-oriented human resource management system is and why it is important. Illustrate your answer with examples.
- Explain why business strategies and operation management are necessary.