Briefly summarize the Nine-Step Approach to Problem Solving in project management.
Briefly summarize the Nine-Step Approach to Problem Solving in project management.
The Art Of Problem-Solving:
The art of problem-solving is to notice problems before they become too large to address and use resources in innovative and more efficient ways to provide the necessary support for the project.
Answer and Explanation:
Become a Study.com member to unlock this answer! Create your accountView this answer
A disciplined and creative approach to problem-solving is required to assist the project team in effectively solving problems. This nine-step approach...
See full answer below.
Become a member and unlock all Study Answers
Start today. Try it nowCreate an account
Ask a question
Our experts can answer your tough homework and study questions.Ask a question Ask a question
Learn more about this topic:
fromChapter 1 / Lesson 2
Design thinking and traditional thinking are two different methods used in problem-solving. Compare and contrast design thinking and traditional problem-solving and discover how design thinking provides more possibilities and solutions.
Related to this Question
- Explain how the informal organization can create problems for managers and outline how these problems can be addressed or managed.
- Describe the three phases involved in the management of large projects.
- Describe in detail how you would go about addressing a problem of a company not performing to expectation as a new general manager in relation to data collection and analysis?
- Please explain briefly in point form. Four (4) steps of stakeholder management.
- Describe the 4-step general model of project control. Provide examples of each step.
- Briefly discuss the steps in the HRM process.
- List the seven steps that an operations manager should perform when using simulation to analyze a problem.
- A. At a strategic level, how can (either) program management practices or project portfolio management processes be applied to navigate complexity? B. What action steps can be employed to operate the findings above? What challenges might be faced in imple
- Explain with examples each of the eight steps in the strategic management process.
- Which of the following approaches would be used by a manager who takes time to determine what each specific problem involves before creating a plan to address the issue? a) The situational approach. b) The technical approach. c) The universal approach. d)
- Explain what is meant by 'management'. In your answer discuss the competing explanations of 'management'. In your answer, draw on foundation management studies to justify each explanation.
- Discuss the five (5) approaches that people typically use to deal with conflict in project management. Is conflict always bad? Explain.
- Summarize the process of managing resources within an IT project.
- Discuss three key current challenges you face in operations management and how you will address these challenges.
- The approaches for managing and resolving conflict in an organization can be classified into three categories. Name these three categories and give an example for each.
- Create a simple scenario for a workplace and explain how you might apply the seven steps of decision making.
- While Agile (in project management) is a very common methodology for project planning and tempting to turn to for all situations, what are some of the main challenges of agile project management and what are some ways to overcome those challenges?
- What steps can managers use to solve problems and make decisions?
- Explain the concepts of analytical and emergent approaches to strategic management.
- What do you see as being the primary challenges to introducing a project management philosophy in most organizations? That is, why is it difficult to shift to a project-based approach in many companie
- What is strategic management? Define the term. List and describe the seven steps in the strategic management process.
- Explain the concepts of project estimating and monitoring and controlling in project management.
- List and explain strategies to improve the problem-solution process. What will be an ideal response?
- Explain the contingency approach and the system approach in management and provide examples of each.
- Identify and discuss the major problems associated with creating marketing plans. What are some potential ways that firms and managers can overcome these problems?
- Discuss the three types of programmed decisions that a manager depends on to resolve structured problems. What will be an ideal response?
- Apply the six structural approaches to conflict management and describe the three types of third-party dispute resolution.
- Describe three techniques or procedures that managers can use to determine whether a goal is difficult. Describe what transformational leadership is, and explain how manager can engage in it.
- Describe the major issues involved in performance management of international assignees. Explain how you would approach performance management. Provide an example.
- Explain the stages of the project management process, showing clearly how they are related.
- Explain with an example how problem-solving and decision-making steps can be used when planning a social event with family and friends.
- What procedures or methods might assist with problem-solving?
- Identify at least two (2) methods related to problem solving and decision making processes for a organization.
- Management information systems artificial intelligence systems are relatively new approaches to solving business problems. What are the difficulties with information technology approaches?
- Outline and explain the steps in taking organizational diagnosis. What will be an ideal response?
- Explain what is meant by management. In your answer discuss three foundation management studies and how each theory has contributed to our understanding of management.
- Using relevant examples, explain some sustainability challenges in project management and provide suggestions on how these can be overcome.
- In the context of business management, explain the relationship between objectives, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- How might you use project management for doing a major school work assignment? Answer should be 2 paragraph!
- How should a project management decide which problems (or potential problems) deserve being reported to management and which are not worth the trouble when attempting to "never surprise the boss?" Ans
- Discuss the seven important steps in the accounting process, and explain the role of the accountant and manager at each stage.
- Speculate what would happen if a step is not completed in the project management process? What are the consequences for all stakeholders? For example, what would be the potential pitfalls if a stakeho
- What are the eight steps required for new product developement and the main task to be completed by each step?
- Discuss the five steps involved in developing a management succession plan.
- 1. Describe a budgeting approach that uses a combination of both top-down and bottom-up methods. 2.Suggest some reasons why an organization would support projects that show a significant incremental
- How do you manage conflict within the project and over the project life cycle (Defining, Planning, Executing, Delivery)? Provide examples.
- Explain the four steps of the career management process.
- What is the six sigma problem solving framework in business?
- Summarize the Top Drivers of Project Success in Project Management.
- Describe the principal components of a project management system for a large-scale global organization.
- What is the problem solving process in an organization?
- Outline and briefly explain the key behaviours that an effective leader of a small business should demonstrate.
- Summarize Bass' leadership approaches.
- Describe the steps involved in conducting a systematic review.
- What are the steps in the portfolio management process? Explain.
- Explain the difference between interpersonal and task-related conflict. Briefly, explain how you would address these conflicts as a project manager?
- What are the eight CEO management tasks of strategy implementation?
- As a manager how you are going to assess succession management process. Describe briefly each stage with examples.
- Review the five solutions to ethical problems described by Zwilling. Select one solution and describe how you would apply it from a managerial perspective.
- (a) List and describe four potential strategies for conflict resolution in teams. Which method is likely to be most successful if your manager likes to be involved in every decision? (b) What are the five stages of team development? Describe each stage an
- Briefly explain the four steps of embedding context into a strategy.
- Summarize the needs hierarchy approach, expectancy theory, and goal-setting theory. Identify the most important factors in each individual theory and explain how a manager can use each to manage emplo
- List and explain strategies to improve problem formulation. What will be an ideal response?
- Identify the major problems in this situation and explain how they impact the organization. Consider both behavioral and analytical factors. Specifically, how might managerial accounting concepts, tools, or
- Describe a type of management control (i.e., action, personal, or cultural). What challenges might the organizational leaders face when implementing it?
- The world of management is rapidly changing. Identify and describe three (3) major and current challenges for a manager in the workplace.
- Describe, how operations managers use the critical path method to manage projects? What is the critical path and why is it important?
- Sometimes a simple change isn't so simple according to John Kotter's eight-stage process for managing change. How do Kotter's principles help to explain what could go wrong in an organization when management tries to develop and implement a new system?
- 1) How would a manager use the systematic thinking and the intuitive thinking in problem solving? Give examples 2) You are under a lot of pressure because the problem situation involves social loafin
- Briefly discuss how Christian principles can be applied to one operations management dilemma listed below. a. Managing Quality. b. Process Strategy c. Layout Strategy d. Supply Chain Management.
- How is the systems development life cycle (SDLC) is used in an HCIT project? Explain the processes of project management.
- Problem-solving teams discuss a problem, generate potential solutions, and implement them successfully.
- Explain why each of the following situations is an agency problem and what costs to the firm might result from it. Suggest how the problem might be dealt with short of firing the individual(s) involved. a. Division managers are padding cost estimates to s
- During project management, productivity is also necessary. If a project is complex, what change management techniques may be necessary?
- Explain what is meant by management. Discuss three foundation management studies and how each theory has contributed to our understanding of `management'.
- How can changes in leadership or strategy be initiated? Is this an easy or difficult process?
- What does using a structured problem-solving process, like Six Sigma's DMAIC, do for us?
- Briefly describe the problems faced by headquarter managers attempting to maintain efficient coordination of activities across countries.
- Describe the four general approaches to dealing with stakeholders.
- Explain project closure and risk management in project management.
- Classify and describe the problems the healthcare.gov project encountered. What people, organization, and technology factors were responsible for these problems?
- What methods can be used to identify data management issues?
- What are the common problems that project teams encounter when dealing with scope-change management?
- Discuss structured problems, programmed decisions, unstructured problems, and nonprogrammed decisions. What will be an ideal response?
- How might she draw upon and apply the theories of management and motivation to address these issues?
- Briefly explain the path-goal theory of leadership.
- Describe the pros and cons five Management development methods
- How can the management team address the problems of the low ADR?
- Briefly describe creative behaviour and decision-making task-work processes.
- In your lectures an overview of Strategic management was discussed. Discuss the key characteristics of the three approaches, and a key theory or model that typifies each. In your answer discuss in wha
- Identify and briefly describe four of the eight traits associated with being a successful project manager.
- Describe ways that the top management team, midlevel managers, and operating employees can participate in each step of the control process. Do all participate equally in each step, or are some steps b
- Consider the concept of new project leadership. If you were asked to formulate a principle that could be applied to project leadership, what would it be? Justify your answer.
- What are the key points that should be covered in a project management final presentation?
- What are the five methods for managing conflict?
- What are some key steps you would take as a project manager to get the 'best' performance possible from the resources assigned to your project?
- Identify and thoroughly discuss the key issues facing at CVS. And provide specific recommendations for top management to address these issues.
- Describe three organizational approaches toward managing stress.