Briefly, discuss how development in a corporation's societal environment can affect the...
Briefly, discuss how development in a corporation's societal environment can affect the corporation through its task environment.
A task environment refers to the collection of conditions that directly impact an organization's ability to achieve its objectives. These conditions are set by the organization's suppliers, distributors, clients, stock market, labor supply, and competitors. Organizations need to keep a close eye on these variables to succeed in a constantly fluctuating market.
Answer and Explanation:
Become a Study.com member to unlock this answer! Create your accountView this answer
While developments in a firm's societal environment do not impact the firm directly, they can have significant effects on it indirectly through its...
See full answer below.
Become a member and unlock all Study Answers
Start today. Try it nowCreate an account
Ask a question
Our experts can answer your tough homework and study questions.Ask a question Ask a question
Learn more about this topic:
fromChapter 8 / Lesson 3
Explore task environment. Learn the definition of the task environment and understand the factors it includes. Discover various examples of the task environment.
Related to this Question
- Discuss how a development in a corporation's societal environment can affect the corporation through its task environment.
- Discuss how a development in a corporation's natural and societal environments can affect the corporation through its task environment.
- Outline how the business environment can impact a start-up business.
- How does the social environment affect businesses?
- Explain what complementors are and how they affect the business environment.
- a. Discuss whether there is a difference between trends and the business cycle. b. How does environmental consciousness affect businesses at present? c. Discuss the concept of diversity in business.
- Explain how changes in the current business environment are likely to impact on a start-up business.
- Describe how environmental changes may lead to social and economic changes.
- Briefly discuss what impact the implementation of the Theory of Constraints may have on the development of an organizations' business strategy.
- Briefly discuss what impact the implementation of the Theory of Constraints may have on the development of an organization's business strategy.
- Explain the meaning of business environment.
- How does environmental sustainability affect business?
- Explain how the company deals with the relationship between ethics, morality, and social issues in the legal environment.
- Discuss how business ethics, social responsibility, and sustainability are interrelated.
- Discuss how different forms of corporate giving contribute to building strong relationships between businesses and communities. Using the core value of excellence, discuss explain how corporate giving
- Discuss how "The Competitive Environment" affects Amazon.com, Inc. (answer should be a paragraph in length)
- What are the implications of shifting responsibilities on businesses to address social or environmental problems?
- Discuss how the current state of the economy will impact completing an environmental scan.
- Identify and explain the major factors in the social environment that create an atmosphere in which business criticism takes place and prospers.
- Explain how personal or corporate ethics impact decision-making.
- Explain how specifically sustainability is linked to ethical decision making and corporate social responsibility, providing examples in business.
- How does socio-cultural environment affect business?
- Explain the role and influence of Multinational enterprises in the global economy?
- How have societal factors influenced the business landscape of small and medium enterprises?
- Explain environmental factors, competitive factors, and create a SWOT analysis of the company EcoFresh.
- Define the term ''sociocultural environment'' with regard to business.
- Explain political environment in business.
- Considering Honda Motor Company: Evaluate the role of regulatory considerations informing the economic decisions of the company. Explain any environmental regulations that affect the company. Explain
- How does a market environment affect a business?
- Describe in a brief essay what say-on-pay policies and clawback policies are. Why do corporations implement these policies? What will be an ideal response?
- How do external environmental factors influence decision-making in the business environment?
- Critically discuss the environmental factors of competitive advantages for human development.
- Explain how competition affects a firm's internal development decisions.
- How does the competitive environment affect a business?
- How can businesses use technology and relationships to reduce their environmental impact?
- 1. Discuss at least three (3) manifestations of corporate culture. Which one formally defines a company's culture? Why? 2. Discuss the two (2) main change processes of corporate culture. Which of thes
- Discuss the positives and negatives of corporate culture in the competitiveness of a firm. Relate how firms should deal with different corporate cultures in mergers and acquisitions.
- Assess the impact of macro environmental factors (general environmental trends in society) as it relates to big businesses (Walmart, home depot, McDonald's, etc) replacing independent small businesses in the US. What are the causes and effects of such tre
- Explain how the internal and external environment will cause changes for companies in Spain (Large, Medium, and small-Scale Enterprises) during the COVID-19 crisis.
- How have societal factors influenced the business landscape for small and medium enterprises (SMEs)?
- Discuss major factors that can affect the growth and development of business in general.
- How have societal factors influenced the business landscape?
- Identify and discuss the arguments against corporate social responsibility. What will be an ideal response?
- Discuss how work life/home life balance is being addressed by organizations.
- Explain how environmental scanning provides information about social, economic, technological, competitive, and regulatory forces: Provide examples for each environmental factor.
- What sort of impacts does RaaS have on businesses and society as a whole? How can these impacts be mitigated?
- Need help writing about IKEA CSR . 1- Briefly summarize the company CSR report that you read. Then critique the report of the company that you examined. 2- Explain how the firm defined their specifi
- How does the cultural climate of the United States impact how businesses are organized?
- Discuss how a process operator's job and shift work might impact a lifestyle change for an individual.
- Why would someone choose an S-corporation? Discuss who can, how it is done, how it is different from or similar to other types of corporations, and its advantages and disadvantages. What will be an ideal response?
- Discuss capital structure and how a company's structure impacts its progress through the bankruptcy process.
- Discuss environmental strategies that can help businesses deal with environmental challenges.
- Explain how the following sub-environments of the macro environment impact an organization/business: 1. Economic environment 2. Technological environment 3. Socio-cultural environment 4. International environment
- Explain Global Offering within the Hexcel corporation. Does the product change globally? How and why does the company change?
- Describe the ways in which a business might respond to growing awareness of environmental issues among its customers.
- Explain clearly what is the definition of Corporate Social Responsibility and what is the relationship with Comparative Business Ethic. Remark: Comparative Business Ethics subject.
- 1. Discuss the role of information systems in a company, how and why they vary from country, and the effects of these variations?
- Explain how business interests can co-exist with social responsibility.
- Discuss the implications of the ethics experiments for ethical conduct and management in the nonmarket environment.
- Explain what society does to undermine the macroeconomic impacts of the chaotic nature of continuous product differentiation by monopolistically competitive firms.
- Discuss how savvy businesses can harness social media to encourage business success. What are the challenges they face? How do businesses 'keep up' in an environment that changes so rapidly?
- Discuss how geographical and cultural factors can impact business opportunities.
- Prepare a business ethics paper that describes how corporate ethics has changed and evolved over the last 30 years. Compare, contrast, discuss how these changes have developed within Gen X, Gen Y, and
- Discuss the role of information systems in a company, how and why they vary from country to country, and the effects of these variations.
- How do firms decide whether or not to outsource? In a short essay, describe the factors that contribute to the decision to internalize or externalize business activities.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of doing business as an S Corporation.
- Discuss/explain the concept of ethics in the business context. Some of the questions you should address include: What is/are business ethics? What role doe they play in an organization?
- Discuss in detail how the VRIO Framework can be used to evaluate business competencies. Explain which VRIO factors would allow a firm to achieve a sustainable advantage over its competitors and why?
- Describe the global business environment that is likely to develop in the next ten years.
- Discuss at least 3 business environmental factors that act as a potential hindrance to the growth of the church.
- How does internal and external environmental factors affects business? Cite a specific example?
- Describe the driving forces for corporate environmentalism and indicate which of these forces would you regard as the most important and why
- Discuss the ethical issues associated with multinational corporations.
- In a short essay, describe the methods used by governments to seize the assets of foreign firms. How would proactive environmental scanning mitigate this risk?
- Explain the importance of the economic environment to business and identify the factors used to evaluate the performance of an economic system and identify the factors used to evaluate the performance of an economic system.
- Briefly explain how a company creates value.
- How do societal expectations affect corporations and their ethical initiatives? Give an example of a company that had to alter a product or service because of society's concerns about its health, mor
- Explain why the emergence of large corporations in the late 19th century helped shift society's view away from the classical economic view.
- Please respond atleast 5 sentence. How does conducting global business impact culture? How does conducting business impact people and world markets?
- A) Discuss how the law might affect you and your workplace. B) How does a specific aspect of the country's legal system contribute to impacting business? C) What would happen if that aspect was not present in the legal system?
- Discuss three global employee and labor relations problems. How can organizations overcome these problems? Explain. Answer must have a minimum of 200 words.
- Explain the differences between a multi-domestic corporation, a global company, and a borderless organization. Include examples of companies for each of the types of organizations discussed.
- Discuss the importance of the 'AA1000 Framework' in business ethics. Give an example.
- How do societal changes in population demographics create business opportunities? Explain this with examples or cases of specific business, company, or industry.
- In a short essay, explain the value of CSR for businesses.
- Describe the four general forces in the societal environment.
- Describe how the globalization of the world economy is affecting new product development within the international business firm and give an example of this.
- How does the globalization of business affect how you would analyze the ethical issues surrounding the use of child labor around the world?
- Discuss the role of information systems in a company and how they vary from country to country and the effects of these variations.
- What are some of the obstacles that must be overcome to establish a corporate entrepreneurial environment?
- Discuss five trends in the external environment scanning process that will affect most businesses.
- Describe the nonmarket environment. Why has the nonmarket environment grown in importance and complexity over time?
- Discuss the role of technology and the communication environment towards business activities.
- Why is it important for a firm to study and understand the external environment?
- How do economies of scale affect corporations?
- Discuss how larger economic issues affect the CP market and a company's issuance of CP.
- Describe an activity or process or product of a company that exhibits economies or diseconomies of scale. Describe the source of the scale economy. How could the organization exploit the scale economy or diseconomy? A good example for this discussion iden