Assume the perpetual inventory method is used
1) The company purchased $13,900 of merchandise on account under terms 2/10, n/30.
2) The company returned $3,400 of merchandise to the supplier before payment was made.
3) The liability was paid within the discount period.
4) All of the merchandise purchased was sold for $21,800 cash What effect will the return of merchandise to the supplier have on the accounting equation?
- O Assets and equity are reduced by $3,400.
- O Assets and liabilities are reduced by $3,332
- O Assets and liabilities are reduced by $3,400
- O None. It is an asset exchange transaction
What Are Credit Sales:
When a company makes a sale, the customer can generally decide to pay immediately (i..e pay with cash or a bank credit card) or promise to settle the account at a future date, with no specific terms. The latter case is a credit sale and creates an accounts receivables.
Answer and Explanation: 1
The answer is C Assets and liabilities are reduced by $3,400 since the return was before anything was paid.
Here's the journal entry reducing both...
See full answer below.
Become a member and unlock all Study Answers
Start today. Try it nowCreate an account
Ask a question
Our experts can answer your tough homework and study questions.Ask a question Ask a question
Learn more about this topic:
fromChapter 3 / Lesson 20
Learn what accounts receivables (AR) are and understand their purpose in business. Explore different examples of AR and what the journal entry for it is.