1. Distinguish task conflict from relationship conflict and explain how to apply the former, with...
1. Distinguish task conflict from relationship conflict and explain how to apply the former, with minimal levels of the latter. Explain/Support fully.
2. Discuss a conflict you have encountered in your workplace. Which characteristics of conflict escalation were evident? What might you do differently in the future after studying OB if you encounter a similar situation in the future? Explain/Support fully through specific examples.
3. What causes the most conflict for you in the completion of your coursework at COD? Explain/Support fully through specific examples.
4. Is your manager/supervisor or course professor if you aren't working, someone who is high in concern for production? high in concern for people? How do you know? Provide support through examples/evidence.
5. Describe the relationship you have with your supervisor/manager/a course professor if you aren't working. What impact does this individual have on your work behavior and performance? What is the worst part of the relationship? Best part? What could YOU do to make the relationship better? Explain/Support fully through examples and specifics.
6. Now that you have been studying OB in terms of individual and group behavior, how can you work to improve the relationship you have with your manager? Explain/Support with specifics and examples.
Conflict occurs in the organization due to changes in the organization's opinions, ideas, thoughts, and reviews. Conflict reduces the productivity of the workers and creates an unhealthy work environment in the organization.
Answer and Explanation:
Become a Study.com member to unlock this answer! Create your accountView this answer
1) | Task Conflict | Relationship Conflict |
|Task conflict occurs due to the inability to accomplish of task on time.||Relationship conflict occurs...|
See full answer below.
Learn more about this topic:
fromChapter 14 / Lesson 1
Conflict in the workplace occurs when people who work together are in opposition because they disagree and/or dislike each other. Learn about the definition of workplace conflict, and explore the types and perspectives, including traditional, interactionalist, and managed. Understand that workplace conflict may be unrecognized, dysfunctional, or functional.